Study program outcomes
Study program learning outcomes (after graduating from the studies, a person):
- Applies knowledge of mathematics, theoretical informatics (computer science), data structures and algorithm, principles of technical and network equipment operation, protocols and standards when creating and analysing computer systems.
- Is able to explain the latest technologies / solutions in the field of informatics (virtualization, cloud computing, embedded systems, etc.) and to use correct professional terminology in spoken and written language.
- Applies knowledge of structured and object-oriented programming (OOP), understand and apply different life cycle processes of computer systems.
- Understands, integrates and applies in practice the knowledge of different fields of sciences (physical, technological, social, the humanities) to solve problems in the area of the studied subject.
- Is able to gather, analyse, process data and interpret the obtained results required for solving specific professional problems
- Applies theoretical knowledge in practice selecting appropriate methods, technical and software tools, programming languages, frameworks and modern programming environments for realization of specific tasks or projects
- Applies agile methods in software development, according to customer requirements specify the process, component or software product by applying modern design tools and following the standards that prevail in the market.
- Performs graphical and design work, creates databases, websites, and other simple software.
- Applies knowledge of computerized hardware and architecture, hardware technical standards; install operating systems and other applied and special software. Is able to program smart equipment management software (program microcontrollers) or other special software.
- Applies the acquired knowledge on cloud computing, computer networks, information transmission models, protocols and standards when configuring and testing networks, and is able to apply data protection tools.
- Fluently and suggestively expresses his/her ideas in spoken and written language, communicates effectively and tolerantly with professionals and other persons when solving tasks related to professional activity in Lithuanian and a foreign language.
- Works in a team implementing projects, solving professional activity tasks, assumes responsibility for the quality of his/her and subordinate employees’ activity.
- Plans, organises his/her work and individually develops his/her skills understanding the importance of life-long learning and professional development.
Depending on chosen specialization, graduate also
- Creates new web projects, web services or maintains and develops the existing ones by applying the selected programming languages, platforms or frameworks (Web development specialization).
- Creates local and hybrid mobile applications, web services or maintains and develops the existing ones by applying the selected programming languages, platforms or frameworks; understand the Internet of Things technologies (Mobile Application Development specialization).
- Diagnoses and eliminates software and technical computer networking equipment failures, administers servers and other network equipment and ensure safe data transmission through information system and uninterrupted operation of network services (Computer Network Administration specialization).